Friday, February 9, 2018

Some news!

Hello!
How are you? Me, slowly melting. There's 35ºC in Buenos Aires (95º F), and I don't know how I haven't evaporated already! Pray for some rain, because we need it BAD!

I have a few things to tell you today, but, first of all, I want to say thank you so much for stopping by and read my little blog. I've been watching the stats, and they are just… *faint* The attention I'm receiving is just so overwhelming, given my expectations when I first started blogging, that I’m honestly moved to tears, and I wish I could hug every single one of you, wonderful people! The fact that you make time out of your day to read something I wrote just… makes me happier than anything in the world, and it is the best gift you could give me. You are amazing, you make my day, and encourage me to keep doing what I love! God bless you all!

Now, onto the topic. It was brought to my attention by one of my best friends and followers that Blogger isn't sending notifications when I upload new content. She told me that even when she clicked on the Follow button, notifications still don't show up in her inbox. So, if you are experimenting the same problem, I'm glad to say I have the solution! You just have to enter your email address in the blank space right under "Follow by email", in the right column, and you'll automatically receive an email asking for confirmation, in which you only need to click on the link they’ll give you. I tried it myself, and it worked! You will start receiving notifications as soon as I upload. 

On an unrelated topic, and as you must already have seen, I was able to add a new section to my right column, in which I'll be able to share the books I'll be reading eventually, in real time. I’m really excited by that little space, to be honest! And, on that note, I wanted to share the link to my GoodReads TBR, here, so you can visit me, and see all my possible reads for the year. I wanted to share a special post about my TBR, but, as it has over two hundred books, and I normally sort them out from my to-read jar, I think it is better if I just leave the link to GoodReads. Hope to see you there!

And last, but not least, I thought I may share with you some of my writing, that I came up with a few years ago. This section is especially for those who, like me, are fans of the fantasy tv show Once Upon a Time, which, sadly, is about to air its last season. A few years back, I got obsessed with the Emma/Hook pairing, it is one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever encountered, and I was such a die-hard Captain Swan shipper (and still am), that I did what I never thought I would, writing seven pieces of fan fiction, that I published in FanFiction.net. I published my last one last year, and I haven't ruled out the possibility to write more. I'm sad, though, that the show will end soon, but I'm grateful for it, not only because of the magical story and the characters (and the costumes, duh), but because it has also brought me close to a lot of people that, today, I can call my friends, and that, otherwise, we couldn't have met. Stories are powerful not only because of the feelings they create, of the sensation of being transported, and the entire worlds they take us to, but because they can gather people, and create bonds when, before, there was none. That is Once Upon a Time for me. So, if you want, you are cordially invited to read my little fics, find me in Cintia J., and don't forget to leave a comment, so I know you've been there! 

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I really do hope I can keep sharing more reviews in 2018. Feel free to visit me both in FanFiction and GoodReads, and leave your comments and suggestions! 

‘till next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment