Thursday, July 4, 2019

Review - More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops

Original Title: More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
Series: Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops, #2
Author: Jen Campbell 
Published: April 18th, 2013

Publisher: Constable and Robinson
I really don't know what to say about all the stupid people recorded in this book, except that they made me laugh, and a A LOT. Because one thing is having a kid saying things like this:
When I grow up, I’m going to be a book ninja.
Mummy … have we gone back in time?! (upon entering a really old, antique bookstore)
- Suggesting the bookseller to protect the books in her basement with a trained dragon.

That's perfectly acceptable. Children are hilarious, and have the best, widest imagination.

But another, completely different thing, is having an adult saying stuff like:
I only like books that I can really believe happened, you know? Like Twilight.
Do you have audiobooks on sign language?
If I buy this book, can I transfer it onto my friend’s Kindle?
My son’s getting married next week. Do you have a book to help me make sure it doesn’t rain on his big day? Some incantations or something?
Where’s your true fiction section?

*face palm* People like this make me scared of asking "how much stupider can it get?", because they seem to be taking it as a challenge. 

But they made me laugh, and that's enough for me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment