Monday, August 8, 2016

Review - Ruby Red

Original Title: Rubinrot
SeriesEdelstein-Trilogie, #1 (Precious Stone Trilogy #1)
Author: Kerstin Gier
Published: January 6th 2009
Publisher: Arena Verlag

LOVED IT

I must confess that I started this book with a secret fear. Finding it, in the first place, was a total nightmare. It was sold out in my entire city, and in stores, they offered me to buy the second and third book of the trilogy, apparently without noticing that I couldn't do much with them without the first one. I tried with every possible bookstore, without success, and I ended up ordering it online. But my fear was that, after all that trouble, I would end up discovering that the book wasn't worth the effort.

But, luckily, that didn't happened. I was hooked on the story from chapter one, and I couldn't put it down! I was never a big fan of time travel, but this definitely made a great story that made me love it, and even think about the Circle of Twelve, named after gemstones, and the cronograph, trying to guess what was about to happen, when I had to put it down...

The characters are great, all of them are particular and have something that makes them special, and the story is fast-paced. I loved everything about, and that BIG cliffhanger at the end simply made me want more. Ineeded to know more! It's a great read, and I recommend it for all those who love to read adventures and fantasy. It doesn't disappoint, I promise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment